1. I have cheated on everyone I’ve ever slept with.
2. I have completed a mission for the NSA.
3. I trained in a kung-fu monastery in China.
4. I was born in freezing cold, bloody water.
5. My parents bribed me to get better grades by offering me weapons.
6. My brother and I used to shoot guns at each other in the house, and we were never caught.
What are your six? Which one of my facts is fiction? What’s the greatest lie you’re guilty of?
“History is a set of lies agreed upon.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte
“Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little—”
YES. AS PRACTICE. YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.
“So we can believe the big ones?”
YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.
― Terry Pratchett